Our labs are the hub for best-in-class research and development, troubleshooting, customer demonstrations and product development.
We make sure our talented lab teams are continuously learning, staying on top of the technological advances in the oil and gas industry. Rigorous attention to detail by our teams allows for innovative products and solutions to be transferred from lab testing to field application.
All of our lab services are based in Canada, making for quick response time and ongoing support for projects
Capabilities of our Calgary lab include:
- Drilling Fluids Product Testing
- Anti-accretion analysis
- Sand cell tests
- Elastomer compatibility testing
- Barite SAG shoe analysis
- Completion Fluids
- Basic Solids and Water
- Bacteria Testing
- Acid Solubility
- Acid Compatibility Testing
- Crosslink Gel Optimization (break-test, stability)
- Linear Gel Testing (hydration, break-test)
- HVFR Optimization
- Fracturing Fluid Compatibility Testing
- Viscoelastic Modeling (G’, G”)
- Clay Control Testing (CST, shale disintegration, bentonite swelling)
- Surfactant Testing (drop shape, contact angle)
- Surfactant Optimization (column drainage testing)
- Lubricity Measurements
- Mud Spacer Removal Testing
- Particle Size Distribution
- Chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery Testing
- Fluid analysis
- Polymer Loading Curves (viscosity vs concentration / temperature / shear rate)
- Static and Dynamic adsorption
- Polymer Concentration
- Viscoelastic Measurements (Weissenberg number, relaxation time)
- Intrinsic Viscosity Viscosity Average Molecular Weight
- Fluid saturations
- Rheology measurements for polymers and surfactants including viscosity loading curves, intrinsic viscosity, viscosity average molecular weight, IFT, compatibility
- QA/QC analysis to support existing projects including Filter Ratio (FR), Modified Filter Ratio (MFR), Screen Factor (SF)
- Resistance Factor and Residual Resistance Factor
- Sand pack/core floods to qualify various polymers under reservoir conditions
- The laboratory is also responsible for the maintenance and calibration of field test equipment and the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
- We offer a wide range of technical training programs for both internal staff and customers. These training programs typically include both theoretical and practical (laboratory based) sections.
Customers can count on extensive technical experience with our team using state-of-the-art analytical equipment, ensuring high-quality data collection and interpretation. In addition, we have strong relationships with external facilities (both industrial and academic) ensuring rapid access to a wide range of analytical techniques and test instrumentation.
We are compliant with all API testing procedures where required and ensure QA/QC parameters are met.