We've completed some of the largest abandonment, remediation and reclamation projects for pipelines and wells in Western Canada.
The Government of Alberta has recently announced the Site Rehabilitation Program to fund well, pipeline, and oil and gas site closure and reclamation work. This $1 billion program will be introduced in phases, with funding applications for the first phase starting on May 1, 2020.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide employment opportunities for Alberta’s specialized oil and gas labour force
- Fast-track site abandonment and reclamation efforts
- Produce a high volume of environmentally-significant work
Eligible activities include:
- Closure work on inactive wells and pipelines
- Environmental Site Assessments
How SECURE ENERGY can help?
Our group of abandonment and environmental professionals understand the importance of this stimulus package and the opportunity it gives many of our customers. Our goal is customer-focused and based on creating and maintaining long-term business relationships. SECURE'S priority is to ensure the work that we do is done professionally, efficiently and purposefully. Sites that we work on will move forward in their rehabilitation process and will benefit the operators by lowering their liabilities.
We have the experience and expertise to support our customers with the Site Rehabilitation Program by:
- Assisting with the grant applications for services to be completed by SECURE
- Operations: providing services for
- Environmental Work:
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 environmental site assessments
- Remediation and reclamation consulting
- Remediation and reclamation equipment services
- Preparation of applications for remediation and reclamation certifications
- Wellsite abandonment
- Pipeline abandonment
- Pipeline segment removal
- Facility abandonment, demolition, meal and asset salvaging
- Environmental construction
- Landfill and fluid disposal services
- Environmental Work:
- Provision and deployment of production chemicals (solvents/scavengers) and other products required in infrastructure abandonment
Why SECURE ENERGY?
SECURE ENERGY is an Alberta based oilfield service company that employs Albertans across the province in Calgary, Red Deer, Grand Prairie, Edmonton, Fort McMurray and rural areas.
- SECURE ENERGY has the staff and equipment ready to be mobilized to start projects immediately
- A financially stable public company traded on the TSX:SES
- SECURE has an experienced team that has completed some of the largest abandonment, decommissioning, remediation and reclamation of well sites and pipelines projects in Western Canada
- Specialized safety program in compliance with all laws, regulations, directives, and environmental healthy and safety standards set out by the Government of Alberta, including social distancing and COVID-19 related policies
- Production chemicals specific to pipeline abandonment, suspension and facility decommissioning
- Cleaning tubulars of hydrocarbon when pulled out of the hole (POOH)
- Cleaning casing and wellbore prior to plug set or squeezing cement
- Bridge plug alternatives
- Shut off gas flow or SCVF
- Inhibiting the wellbore prior to suspension/shut-in
Combined, this enables our clients to fully maximize the grant money and creates working efficiencies.