Comprehensive knowledge and efficient management of the entire end-of-life cycle of a well enables us to bundle environmental, abandonment, area based closure programs and equipment services to reduce overall costs.
We understand the value in finding innovative processes and cost saving opportunities when working with inactive wells, suspended wells and wells slated for abandonment.
We have experience in the following areas:
- Design, planning and execution of well abandonments, starting with engineering and geological well file assessments
- Pre-abandonment field inspections
- Surface casing vent flow and gas migration testing
- Source identification through carbon isotope gas sampling
- Ground water protection and porous zone isolation
- Regulatory applications
- Waivers and reporting
Our process provides fully integrated solutions that lower the number of site visits, reduce the equipment mobilization costs and restores the land to a reclaimed state that exceeds regulatory standards. Our Well Abandonment and Suspension services are a part of our area based closure program.
This program is promoted by the Alberta Energy Regulator, and can generate significant cost savings.