It all starts where we live and work.
At our roots, SECURE was founded on the principle of doing the right thing, for our customers, our people and our communities. Every year SECURE commits to reinvesting time and money through its community investment initiatives throughout Western Canada and the U.S.
SECURE’s focus areas for community investment include:
- Youth Development
- Education & Training
- Environmental Stewardship
- Health & Safety
As an organization, we feel that these investments are some of the most important that we make. They represent our legacy as an organization as we live our purpose – delivering energy to the world so that people and communities can thrive.
SECURE Gives Back in 2021:
- Raised a record-breaking $505,000 through our Stampede Charity Campaign in turn supporting four great Calgary-based charities: The Alex Community Health Centre, KidSport Calgary, Calgary Food Bank and Providence.
- Donated over $1 million to KidSport over the past seven years through our Stampede Charity Event.
- Raised more than $126,000 for the United Way through our 2021 employee-driven corporate giving campaign.
- Participated in the second year of our five-year $100,000 partnership with STARS Air Ambulance. STARS provides people in remote regions with vital access to urgent medical care.
- Supported the Stampede Youth Work Experience Program with Trellis (formerly the Boys and Girls Club of Calgary) over Stampede week, providing youth with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience by keeping the grounds waste-free.
- Raised $63,022 for Movember, ranking the organization ninth in Canada and 24th in the world for team campaigns.
- Participated in the Hockey Helps the Homeless (HHTH) tournament raising over $16,000 for the cause, putting the organization in fourth place for fundraising.
- Joined the Canadian Blood Services (CBS) Partners for Life program and collected 205 units in 2021.
- Sponsored the Lionheart Foundation’s Girl Power Hour in support of the Lionheart Foundation, a charity that provides subsidized counselling to individuals and families.
- Supported the 18th Annual Light a Moose Radiothon in Fort St. John, B.C. with donations going towards the Fort St. John Hospital Foundation.
- Donated a new pitching machine to the Rocky Mountain House Baseball Association and supported the building of the new Drayton Valley Aquatic Centre.
- Supported the local Redvers Wranglers Light Horse 4H Club and gave supplies to the Weyburn Humane Society.
- Participated in the 2021 Bear Wear Fundraiser in support of the Bear Mountain Ski Hill in Dawson Creek, B.C.
- Gave several boxes of non-perishable food items to the Wood Buffalo Food Bank which serves an average of 600 hampers per month to the surrounding community.
- Donated to the Kerrobert Minor Hockey Club in Kerrobert, SK and towards a U-18 AAA Girls Hockey Team in Red Deer, AB.
This list is not all inclusive.
For more information on what SECURE is doing in our community please follow along as we share Our Stories.