Every weekend should be a three-day weekend, shouldn't it? Luckily, we've got one right around the corner! What are your August Long Weekend Plans? Spending it with family or friends? Staying home or going away? Regardless, it's a weekend we hope you enjoy.
As we head into the long weekend SECURE would like to remind you of one of our eight life saving rules, “Drive Safely.” Following, are some important driving safety tips as well as address some other safety faux pas.
First and foremost, if you're planning on hitting the road this weekend, please be sure to get where you're going safely as the roads are bound to be busy. Here are some tips to be sure you're ready for whatever drive:
- Make sure your headlights, brake lights and signal lights are working in good order
- Fill your tank with gas and top up on washer fluid (make sure to have extra on hand)
- Abide by the speed limits and do not follow other cars to closely
- Plan out your route and be mindful of construction
- DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE
- DO NOT DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE
If you are planning on doing any activities in or around the city of Calgary, be sure to check out Tourism Calgary for any information surrounding gatherings, national parks throughout the province and much more.
Check out these City websites for more ideas on what you can do for the long weekend.
Is a long weekend even considered a long weekend if there's not at least one campfire bound to happen? If you plan on firing it up this weekend, be sure to update yourself on any fire advisories and regulations.
Last but not least, if you find yourself spending any time in the sun or around a body of water be sure to follow these tips:
- Wear sunscreen
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
- Cover up with light clothing or a hat
- Wear a life jacket while doing any watercraft activities